RED AND BOOST HAVE A LOT IN COMMON. THEY BOTH:
- emphasize the importance of cohesive care teams with shared outcome goals
- suggest that the discharge process should span a patient’s entire stay vs. the last 8 minutes
- suggest that patients should be educated about why they are in the hospital, what their medications do, how to take care of themselves when they go home, and what to do if their health deteriorates
- use “teach back” as a way to gauge patient understanding (Teachback example here)
- try to help a patient get organized before they leave: set up PCP appointments, arrange for med pick up, etc.
- provide patients with patient-friendly summaries of all of the above
Download our free whitepaper comparing Project RED and Project BOOST.